Children's Weekly Bible Lesson
A family resource for all ages
Weekly video & lesson
For information about our weekly Sunday programs and Awana Bible Clubs, visit the Children's Ministry page.
Children's Weekly Bible Lesson
Calvary Children’s Ministry wants to actively partner with parents to encourage families to make a whole life commitment to Jesus Christ.
While we are not meeting together at church, we will provide your family with a Bible lesson each week that you can use with your kids. Check out the video! And download the resource sheet below.
Our lesson video for the week of July 5 —
New Testament Bible Lessons — download the PDF discussion guide
- Jesus Healed a Woman and a Girl — Week of July 5
- Jesus Healed Ten Men — Week of June 28
- Jesus and the Samaritan Woman — Week of June 21
- Jesus and Nicodemus — Week of June 14
Questions? Contact: Su Trull, Director of Children's Ministry, firstname.lastname@example.org
"Hope for the World" VBS
Thank you for joining us!
Rewatch the videos here
We hope you enjoyed "Hope for the World" VBS 2020! You can rewatch all three nights below! Thank you for joining us!!
We're so glad you're joining us for VBS LIVE! We hope you enjoyed Day 1 and Day 2! Our final evening of VBS will be Tuesday, June 30 at 6:30 PM, and we'll premiere "Hope for the World" VBS via Livestream. Click the button below to watch!
If you preregistered your family for VBS…
- Pick up your VBS-TO-GO-PACK at Calvary on Saturday, June 27, between 10:00 AM–Noon. This super tote will be packed with all the cool stuff you'll need for three awesome evenings of VBS. But don't open anything early — there's a big envelope for EACH VBS DAY!
- Tune in to live.calvarychurch.com at 6:30 PM on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, June 28–30. You'll laugh, sing, play, and learn with our Calvary Children's Ministry crew for about 30 minutes.
- After the livestream (about 7:00 PM), be sure to join your small group on Zoom for more fun hands-on activities, laughter, competitions, and discussions about our Bible teaching and themes. Your group leader will email you Zoom details.
If you didn't preregister, that's okay!
We're happy for you to enjoy the livestream portion of VBS! Join us and learn about Jesus — our Hope for the World!
We'll repost each VBS video below:
DAY ONE VBS —
DAY TWO VBS —
DAY THREE VBS —
Contact: Su Trull, 704.341.5458, email@example.com
Calvary Kids Worship Folder
Use with our livestream
For Sunday, July 5, 2020
Kids, we're so glad that you and your families are worshiping the Lord with us this Sunday via livestream!
Each week, our pastor provides questions especially for our 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders to answer as you listen to the sermon.
Here's a printable copy of the Calvary Kids Worship Folder to complete.
Is today your family's first time worshiping at Calvary? We'd love to connect with you. Click here to complete a brief form and let us know how we can pray for you!
A biblical resource for kids & families
Summer Study for Grades 3–5
Calvary provides a resource to help parents teach their kids sound doctrine through catechism.
We Believe: Catechism for Calvary Kids & Families is based on our 16 Articles of Faith and provides questions and answers to learn the key biblical truths we believe. This summer project is for families with children currently completing grades 3–5.
Catechism is a summary of key doctrines learned through questions and answers!
So, how do you do catechism?
Catechism simply provides an interactive activity that helps us learn and remember the major truths of Scripture in our hearts and minds. Begin with the first section of the Student Handbook. Read over the questions and answers with your child and then quiz them. Do this consistently for a number of days until they can recite all the right answers. After they have learned one section, proceed to the next. Review what they have already learned each week. Kids typically love the interaction and the challenge! Make it fun with Family Night activities (see the Parent Handbook for those how-tos)!
Celebrating your accomplishment
After your child has completed all 16 catechism sections at home, make an appointment by August 31 with Pastor Rodney Navey, or Sue Ridge, Zone 345 Coordinator, to approve the work your child has accomplished. Once your child has successfully recited the answers, you will receive an invitation to the celebration family lunch in September. Your child will also receive a special gift to mark his/her accomplishment!
Schedule your appointment:
- April – Begin learning and reviewing with the online resources below.
- Summer – Catechism books available for pick up at church. Do the activities and memorize the answers to each question.
- August – Present your catechism work to a pastor or ministry leader by August 31
- September – Enjoy a special celebration lunch on Sunday, September 13 for kids and families who have completed the catechism
Click on the book covers to browse or download the digital versions of the We Believe: Catechism for Calvary Kids & Families Student Handbook and the Parent Handbook.
Print handbooks will be available. Please contact Sandy O'Donovan for free copies.
Calvary Kids Music Camp
July 13–17 & July 27–31
UPDATED INFORMATION JUNE 30
JUNE 30 UPDATE: Spots available for week 1 and week 2! We are SO excited for the upcoming Music Camps at Calvary for 4th–8th graders — July 13–17 and July 27–31. Register below!
Calvary Kids Music Camp 2020
July 13–17 or July 27–31
Calvary Kids Music Camp is always a highlight of our summer! This year, due to the ongoing uncertainty about public gatherings, we're making some changes so that we can have music camp in a way that protects the health and safety of our campers and our leaders.
IMPORTANT UPDATE — We've made the difficult decision to include only 4th–8th graders in music camp. We are disappointed that our younger kids won't be participating this year, but we appreciate your understanding and flexibility!
- If your registered camper is a rising 2nd or 3rd grade student, we will cancel their registration and refund your camp fee. No action is needed on your part.
- If your registered camper is a rising 4th–8th grade student and you wish to cancel their registration, you may do so by June 1 for a full refund. Cancellations between 6/2–6/30 receive a 50% refund. No refunds for cancellations after June 30.
Please send all questions or requests for refunds by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp Schedule & Details
We are planning to have music camp on the church campus but continue to monitor the situation.
The camp will be 9:00 AM–12:00 PM instead of 9:00 AM–2:30 PM. A shorter camp day (without lunch on campus) will be safer for our campers and volunteers.
The Friday 7:00 PM performance will also be on campus — in a pre-recorded, movie format! Campers may invite one guest to accompany them.
Temperature checks will be conducted each morning, and masks will be provided!
Cost: $75 per student or $175 max per family
There are still a few spots available for week 1 and week 2:
"Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into His presence with singing!" — Psalm 100:1–2