Estate Design Seminars
Tuesday, October 22
2:00 & 7:00 PM
At Calvary, we want families of all kinds to know and share the love of Jesus Christ. We strive to equip and encourage parents to build strong Christ-centered homes, sharing the love of God, the truth of the Gospel, and a life of faith with the next generation.
Join us for opportunities to support and strengthen relationships, marriages, and families at all stages of life!
Family Transitions: These sessions are designed to help you teach and guide your children through different stages in life. It's practical insight with a strong biblical foundation!
Family Milestones: Celebrate life's moments of commitment — find out more about weddings, child dedication, and baptism here.
Estate Design SeminarsEstate Design Seminars
Tuesday, October 22
2:00 & 7:00 PM, Banquet Room"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." — 2 Corinthians 4:18When preparing financial plans, it is important to consider both the current and eternal perspectives. Our seminars are focused on future planning and key components of estate design in light of God's Word. In addition to addressing typical concerns, you will be invited to ask yourself — what would the Lord have me do? Objectives include:
- Strengthening — not straining — family relationships
- Taking an all-encompassing approach
- Care & guardianship of minor children
- Avoiding negative impacts on beneficiaries
- Tax considerations
- Achieving the greatest Kingdom impact
There is NO cost for the seminar, and the process is absolutely confidential. You’ll benefit no matter your stage of life—whether you’re starting a family or reviewing plans as an empty-nester. Either update your current will and estate plans or get started now.
Choose the 2:00 PM or 7:00 PM session.
Sunday, October 27
For Expectant Parents
Sunday, October 27
11:15 AM–12:15 PM, Room 200
Our next Family Transitions class is for expectant parents.
Family Transitions is a free ongoing learning series at Calvary for parents on Sunday mornings, offering practical insights and discussion with a biblical foundation as you guide your child through key ages and stages.
Child-birthing classes are important as you prepare for the big event of birth. Child-rearing classes are important as you prepare for the next 18 years! Parents are a child’s primary disciplemakers, and as parents, you have an important assignment from God to raise him or her in the training and instruction of the Lord.
To help equip you with what to expect as you welcome your child into life outside the womb, our session for expectant parents will cover the early developmental years and how you can connect with your child from the very beginning. Pastor Rodney Navey and Children's Ministry Director, Su Trull will lead this session. No registration necessary!
November 10 — for Parents of 2-Year-Olds
"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." — Psalm 139:13–16
Family Night Challenge
Begin a regular Family Night!
Calvary highly recommends that every family designate one night a week for Family Night. Life is busy, and if we don’t plan to spend time together and enjoy each other, our most important relationships can be neglected.
Planning one night each week is valuable for the time and interaction itself. It also helps us refocus on those important relationships. It takes work to block out the same night every week. No doubt, an exception may have to be made from time to time, but you show your priorities when you are able to make it happen consistently. We find that most families really look forward to Family Night!
So, what is Family Night? We suggest that you choose a consistent night each week and plan to include these elements:
- Dinner — Have a fun dinner together! Let the kids contribute their ideas about favorite foods for the menu.
- Clean up — After dinner, clean the kitchen together. You’re a team, and everyone can contribute to the job!
- Devotions — Have a family devotional. Read Scripture together and discuss its meaning. Pray together and for each other. And if you are really adventurous, sing a favorite chorus or hymn.
- Fun — Participate in some kind of fun activity. It could be a board game. If your kids like to make crafts or build things, go that direction. The point is to enjoy each other and laugh together. Relationships are vital in leading your children. Laughter and fun deepen these relationships!
- Dessert — Eat dessert! You can work together to make a fruit salad, chocolate chip cookies, or whatever treat your family enjoys.
You have accomplished a number of important things when you become intentional with Family Night:
- You spend time together building relationships and staying connected.
- You instruct your kids with God’s Word.
- You pray — thanking God for His goodness and asking for His guidance and provision.
- You build heart connections by sharing and laughing together.
- On a weekly basis, you put in place some important experiences that drive the rest of the week. And really the rest of your parenting!
Calvary provides several resources that can help with your devotional time. Some great conversations can come out of what you are leading your kids to learn!
- Sunday Spotlight — a summary of the Children's Ministry Sunday lesson for all ages
- Family Connection — the Bible lesson for Middle School Sunday life groups
- We Believe — the catechism project for kids & families (grades 3–5)
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." — Deuteronomy 6:5–7
Catechism for Kids & Families
We Believe: Catechism for Calvary Kids & Families is based on our 16 Articles of Faith and provides questions and answers to learn the key biblical truths we believe. New in 2019, this is an annual summer program for families with children currently completing grades 3–5.
Congratulations to our 2019 We Believe program graduates! Children who completed the catechism were recognized during a celebration luncheon on Sunday, September 8.
Interested in learning more about the program or want to get an early start for 2020? Click on the covers below to browse or download the digital versions of the Student Handbook and the Parent Handbook.
Print handbooks are available! Please contact Sandy O'Donovan for free copies.