"Hope for the World" VBS
Thank you for joining us!
Rewatch the videos here
At Calvary, we want families of all kinds to know and share the love of Jesus Christ. We strive to equip and encourage parents to build strong Christ-centered homes, sharing the love of God, the truth of the Gospel, and a life of faith with the next generation.
Join us for opportunities to support and strengthen relationships, marriages, and families at all stages of life!
Family Transitions: These sessions are designed to help you teach and guide your children through different stages in life. It's practical insights with a strong biblical foundation!
Family Milestones: Celebrate life's moments of commitment — find out more about weddings, child dedication, and baptism here.
"Hope for the World" VBS
We hope you enjoyed "Hope for the World" VBS 2020! You can rewatch all three nights below! Thank you for joining us!!
We're so glad you're joining us for VBS LIVE! We hope you enjoyed Day 1 and Day 2! Our final evening of VBS will be Tuesday, June 30 at 6:30 PM, and we'll premiere "Hope for the World" VBS via Livestream. Click the button below to watch!
If you preregistered your family for VBS…
- Pick up your VBS-TO-GO-PACK at Calvary on Saturday, June 27, between 10:00 AM–Noon. This super tote will be packed with all the cool stuff you'll need for three awesome evenings of VBS. But don't open anything early — there's a big envelope for EACH VBS DAY!
- Tune in to live.calvarychurch.com at 6:30 PM on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, June 28–30. You'll laugh, sing, play, and learn with our Calvary Children's Ministry crew for about 30 minutes.
- After the livestream (about 7:00 PM), be sure to join your small group on Zoom for more fun hands-on activities, laughter, competitions, and discussions about our Bible teaching and themes. Your group leader will email you Zoom details.
If you didn't preregister, that's okay!
We're happy for you to enjoy the livestream portion of VBS! Join us and learn about Jesus — our Hope for the World!
We'll repost each VBS video below:
DAY ONE VBS —
DAY TWO VBS —
DAY THREE VBS —
Contact: Su Trull, 704.341.5458, email@example.com
A biblical resource for kids & families
Summer Study for Grades 3–5
Calvary provides a resource to help parents teach their kids sound doctrine through catechism.
We Believe: Catechism for Calvary Kids & Families is based on our 16 Articles of Faith and provides questions and answers to learn the key biblical truths we believe. This summer project is for families with children currently completing grades 3–5.
Catechism is a summary of key doctrines learned through questions and answers!
So, how do you do catechism?
Catechism simply provides an interactive activity that helps us learn and remember the major truths of Scripture in our hearts and minds. Begin with the first section of the Student Handbook. Read over the questions and answers with your child and then quiz them. Do this consistently for a number of days until they can recite all the right answers. After they have learned one section, proceed to the next. Review what they have already learned each week. Kids typically love the interaction and the challenge! Make it fun with Family Night activities (see the Parent Handbook for those how-tos)!
Celebrating your accomplishment
After your child has completed all 16 catechism sections at home, make an appointment by August 31 with Pastor Rodney Navey, or Sue Ridge, Zone 345 Coordinator, to approve the work your child has accomplished. Once your child has successfully recited the answers, you will receive an invitation to the celebration family lunch in September. Your child will also receive a special gift to mark his/her accomplishment!
Schedule your appointment:
- April – Begin learning and reviewing with the online resources below.
- Summer – Catechism books available for pick up at church. Do the activities and memorize the answers to each question.
- August – Present your catechism work to a pastor or ministry leader by August 31
- September – Enjoy a special celebration lunch on Sunday, September 13 for kids and families who have completed the catechism
Click on the book covers to browse or download the digital versions of the We Believe: Catechism for Calvary Kids & Families Student Handbook and the Parent Handbook.
Print handbooks will be available. Please contact Sandy O'Donovan for free copies.
Family Night Challenge
Enjoy a regular Family Night!
Calvary highly recommends that every family designate one night a week for Family Night. Life is busy, and if we don’t plan to spend time together and enjoy each other, our most important relationships can be neglected.
Planning one night each week is valuable for the time and interaction itself. It also helps us refocus on those important relationships. It takes work to block out the same night every week. No doubt, an exception may have to be made from time to time, but you show your priorities when you are able to make it happen consistently. We find that most families really look forward to Family Night!
So, what is Family Night? We suggest that you choose a consistent night each week and plan to include these elements:
- Dinner — Have a fun dinner together! Let the kids contribute their ideas about favorite foods for the menu.
- Clean up — After dinner, clean the kitchen together. You’re a team, and everyone can contribute to the job!
- Devotions — Have a family devotional. Read Scripture together and discuss its meaning. Pray together and for each other. And if you are really adventurous, sing a favorite chorus or hymn.
- Fun — Participate in some kind of fun activity. It could be a board game. If your kids like to make crafts or build things, go that direction. The point is to enjoy each other and laugh together. Relationships are vital in leading your children. Laughter and fun deepen these relationships!
- Dessert — Eat dessert! You can work together to make a fruit salad, chocolate chip cookies, or whatever treat your family enjoys.
You have accomplished a number of important things when you become intentional with Family Night:
- You spend time together building relationships and staying connected.
- You instruct your kids with God’s Word.
- You pray — thanking God for His goodness and asking for His guidance and provision.
- You build heart connections by sharing and laughing together.
- On a weekly basis, you put in place some important experiences that drive the rest of the week. And really the rest of your parenting!
Calvary provides several resources that can help with your devotional time. Some great conversations can come out of what you are leading your kids to learn!
- Sunday Spotlight — a summary of the Children's Ministry Sunday lesson for all ages
- Family Connection — the Bible lesson for Middle School Sunday life groups
- We Believe — the catechism project for kids & families (grades 3–5)
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." — Deuteronomy 6:5–7
Tying the Knot
Thinking about getting married?
Tuesdays, August 18 – September 22
"Tying the Knot"
Tuesdays: August 18 – September 22
6:30–8:00 PM, via Zoom
Thinking about getting married? Planning the wedding? Engaged? Newlywed?
You're invited to spend six Tuesday evenings with Pastors Rodney Navey and Jim Pile addressing foundational issues and biblical principles that will help you establish and maintain a healthy marriage.
In each session, we'll work through issues like conflict, expectations, communication, finances, and intimacy. You'll get to know your spouse on a deeper level by assessing personality, birth order, and more.
Don't be surprised by a little homework, too! We'll use Rob Green's book, Tying the Knot: A Premarital Guide to a Strong & Lasting Marriage, as a realistic, hopeful, and actionable guide toward a Christ-centered marriage.
There is no cost — please register below to receive Zoom login credentials from the instructors.
For Parents of 1st Graders
Sunday, September 27
Family Transitions is a free, ongoing learning series at Calvary for parents. Join us for biblical resources and support through all the ages and stages of family life.
Family Transitions: Equipping Parents of 1st Graders —
Sunday, September 27
11:15 AM–12:15 PM, CLC 1101
Our next Family Transitions session is for parents of 1st graders. Pastor Rodney Navey and Children’s Director Su Trull will discuss what your first grader needs most from you right now. You'll learn how to help your child grow in his/her understanding of the Bible and what you should be doing to "make disciples" at home during this stage in life. Join us for this time of practical and biblical encouragement! No registration is necessary.
2020 Family Transitions Classes
- January 26 – Parents of children dedicated in 2019
- February 16 – Parents of high school seniors
- April 19 – Parents of 5th graders
- May 3 – Parents of 8th graders
- May 24 – Parents of 3rd graders
- June 14 – Parents of 2nd graders
- September 27 – Parents of 1st graders
- October 11 – Parents of 2-year olds
- November 8 – Parents of 4th graders
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates" — Deuteronomy 6:4–9