Calvary regathers for worship & ministry
Calvary Church continues to support the ongoing efforts to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus. The health and safety of the Calvary family and our broader community are priorities. We seek to make wise decisions and be loving neighbors and exemplary citizens.
COVID–19 UPDATE OVERVIEW
We praise God for the vibrant ministry of Calvary Church during this unprecedented time —
- REGATHERING for Worship in the Sanctuary — Calvary now worships at 8:30 and 11:00 AM in the Sanctuary with social distancing and safety measures in place.
- Get full details about how to prepare and what to expect at Calvary with our Regathering Checklist.
- MASKS — For the safety of all, everyone must wear a face mask on the Calvary campus. (Children 10 and under are not required to wear masks, but ages 5+ are strongly encouraged to wear masks.)
- NURSERY — Beginning September 27, limited Nursery and Preschool programs for infants through Kindergarten will be offered during the 11:00 AM service with weekly preregistration.
- FAMILY SECTION — First Balcony at 11:00 AM — For families with young children, seating is available in the 1st balcony. Parents may step out into landing area to care for littlest ones as needed and watch the service on the video monitor there.
- LIVESTREAM WORSHIP — Calvary will continue to livestream our Sunday worship services. Please feel free to worship with us at live.calvarychurch.com or on Calvary Facebook.
- ZOOM GROUPS & VIRTUAL PROGRAMS — Most Adult Life Groups meet via Zoom on Sunday afternoons, many at 6:00 PM. We will continue to use Zoom and on-demand video for most adult Bible studies, electives, classes, and conferences this fall.
- STUDENT MINISTRY holds on-campus meetings with REGROUP for Middle School and High School on Wednesday evenings with weekly preregistration. Sunday night Bible studies for students meet weekly via Zoom.
- CHILDREN'S MINISTRY begins on-campus meetings with THE ZONE for kids in 1st–5th grades on selected Tuesday evenings with preregistration, beginning September 29. @HOME Bible Clubs will connect kids in our Awana and Gopher Buddies clubs with mentors for virtual shepherding this fall. Children's Worship Choirs will meet on-campus and via Zoom for several rehearsals and events this fall.
- CAMPUS & OFFICES — Our church offices are open to staff only from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday–Friday. Staff will work in the office and/or at home on staggered schedules to promote social distancing and safe office capacity.
- CALVARY CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER — The CCDC Daycare program reopened on August 4. The Preschool program began on September 15 for the new school year. Welcome back families and staff!
- GIVING — Thank you for continuing to give generously online or by mail: Calvary Church, 5801 Pineville-Matthews Road, Charlotte, NC 28226. Offering baskets will be available as you enter and exit Sanctuary services.
- COMMUNICATION — Looking Up, our weekly newsletter, goes out via email every Friday. And we have more videos and special ministry content than ever on our social media channels — so join us and stay connected!
- TEXT TO CONNECT — New to Calvary? We'd love to connect. Please text NEW to 704 543 1200 to begin to connect at Calvary. Welcome!
Please continue to be in prayer for this developing situation through Phase 2 and 3 in our city and state and for all who are impacted by the coronavirus. We are thankful for the Lord's continuing protection and provision!
“My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” — John 14:27